Saturday, September 24, 2011

Social Media isn't my only guilty pleasure

I am a bit fanatical when it comes to social networking sites. Twitter to be specific, Facebook to be more specific. I creep through the sites taking in my family and friends' lives, while immersing myself in new tools that pop up here and there. It's my guilty pleasure (aside from chocolate) and I love to participate as much as I can.

However, my third (again, let's not forget chocolate) guilty pleasure is something less attainable but almost as enjoyable--HGTV. #hgtvmakesmylife
I never really watched the channel until recently but that was enough to get me hooked. House Hunters? Property Brothers? Design Star? Yes, yes and yes. Average, normal human beings remodeling, selling, decorating and buying new or vacation living spaces that have wonderful before and after transformations is something I can get on board with any day.
The one absolute drawback of the HGTV addiction is the fact that I think I'm a design critic. A professional one at that.
"The crown molding is beautiful," "This lot has wonderful curb appeal," "I'm not loving the white countertops but we can gut the kitchen and get some granite ones and stainless steel appliances on top of that." 
My father was a victim to my recent HGTV "knowledge." I took him through his house and showed him what buyers would most likely say when scoping out each room. My father was very proud of his handiwork and became defensive easily, but I just threw my hands in the air and said "HGTV!"

So, as I was watching House Hunters International last night I decided to be creative and starting painting. Take a look at this horrible BEFORE and I'll update later the, hopefully, wonderful AFTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment