Friday, September 23, 2011

The Most Annoying Tweets: Meet Hamlet & Bella Swan

Twitter has become an utter addiction in the past year for me, the hash tags especially. I often annoy myself when I use them outside of Twitter (on FB, G+ and here) and even verbally. #itsfine
However, while I was trying to think of a Twitter-related blog post I started thinking about other users and their hashtags. What was the final conclusion that my random brain came to?

Hamlet and Bella Swan would be the most annoying Tweeters if they were real.

Hamlet is my favorite play. I've read it countless times and seen it live. I even know one of the soliloquies by heart (no, not the "To be or not to be" one). But, deary me, his Tweets as well as his hashtags would be so #emo.

By the way, I'm modernizing some of the language.
Hamlet: My whole life is a lie. Why me God? Why me?! #anguish
Hamlet: You think you know someone...#youdont
Hamlet: Life isn't worth living. It's just not. #thetruthwillsetyoufree #painendsafterdeath
Hamlet: Karma's a bitch. What goes around comes around...and I'm coming for you! #shank #poison

You get the idea. Granted I would probably Follow him just for ridiculous giggles.

Next is Miss Bella Swan before and after her marriage to every tween's favorite vampire--Edward.

Bella: Is this real life? He's just so amazing. #imdreaming #nowayimthislucky #sweetweet
Bella: I knew he'd leave one day, but not this soon...my heart is breaking into millions of pieces. #foreveralone #emotionalwreck #thetruthhurts
Bella: My friends and family just don't understand. We're MEANT to be together. Why is that so hard to grasp? #truth #destiny #twilightnewmooneclipsebreakingdawn
Bella: Last night was everything and more...It was so beautiful and all I could ever want! #wetotallyjusthadsex #vampiresrock #hecanbitemewheneverhewants

So, that's that. In the literary world these two characters pop out at me as some of the most annoying Tweeters. I'm sure there are more! Let me know yours in a comment or email!
#pleaseandthankyou

3 comments:

  1. HAHA that's funny that could be a sketch
    what if Storm from the XMEN cartoon had one!

    "It's really cold out today. #partingheavens #natureslight #changinforecasts"

    "Wolverine asked me to do his laundry. #ohhellno #immortalman #ventingfrustration #lighteningstrike"

    "I swallowed a bug, #naturestinywonders #tearsforthoselost #galeforceswinds #life #death #earth #heaven"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My favorite: "I swallowed a bug, #naturestinywonders #tearsforthoselost #galeforceswinds #life #death #earth #heaven"

    ReplyDelete