Saturday, October 1, 2011

The New Facebook: Another decision to make

Mashable.com posted an interesting article about the new Facebook Timeline recently that I want to touch on.
By now I'm assuming everyone knows about the Timeline and the fact that it can document your entire life.
Well, how is it going to do that?
Facebook was opened to students in 2004 then opened to the public 2006.
So will it document those years before its opening?
That's all up to the individual user. On the Timeline you will notice a gap from birth to the mid-2000s.
Facebook is giving us the option of filling in the time between our birth and the present.
I'm just wondering, out of all the people that read this blog, who will manually put in this information?

What will I do about this gap? Most likely I will leave it alone. I've made it this far without my social network seeing my baby pictures and knowing when I made honor roll. I think I can be more than satisfied with just filling in my present and future Facebook years.

No comments:

Post a Comment