Monday, October 3, 2011

Facebook Timeline: How to get it now

There are many a blog out there that can step you through how to get the new Facebook Timeline without waiting for the next few weeks to join the masses. So I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and do one too.

Originally, I was going to wait like a good child for the Facebook change to come but caved after seeing a friend's profile with it. My conclusion on the change? I love it.

Let me step you through getting it early and you can see the digital beauty yourself.

1. Go to your search bar and type in "Facebook Developer" and click on the first result.

2. Click "Build Apps on Facebook."


3. You should get a Request for Permission for the Developer. Hit Allow. The App page will load and you need to click Create New App.



























4. Name the App whatever you want (no uppercase letters) and check the box for accepting the Terms and Conditions. Facebook will ask you for a credit card number or your mobile number to make sure you are a human. I did the mobile number and they sent me a text lickity split with a code to confirm that I was human. Once you do this you should be able to create the app.

5. After this is done, go to the left sidebar and click Open Graph.



























6. This is where Facebook shows you the whole new verb and noun abilities. Type in whatever you want. I did "People can 'read' a 'blog'" Then click get started. It will take you to some settings where you can change a few from default, but if you aren't really making an app for the app's sake this can be ignored.
7. Save the new app and then just go to your newsfeed. There should be an invitation to Get it Now. Then you have the new Timeline!

The first thing I did was play with the Cover on my profile. I'm not going to lie, it's weird!

















Very easy but remember, only the people who have the new Facebook can see yours! So, go ahead and get yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment