Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flowchart: Poor Google+, Yay Twitter

My friend sent me a picture of a flow chart that begged the question, "Where should you post your status?" It did the whole ask a question then follow the answer yes or no to different paths. Usually I dislike things like this. I'm used to the zombie "Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?" types where you are inevitably screwed by the end regardless of your answers.

However, this flow chart is pretty accurate in my opinion. When something happens that I deem status worthy (which is a lot) I pretty much go through the same thought process.

Take a look:

How accurate is this?

Poor Google+ doesn't make it far. But I have to admit I hardly ever update my status there because only two people really ever comment or +1 it. 

I don't use Foursquare but when I think of updating AT certain public places, I think of it.

I hardly ever decide against something being too risky to post on some social media site. Whereas my Facebook might feature less perverse or outrageous updates, I let my Twitter bird fly free with my thoughts. Plus, I usually don't think most awkward situations are awkward. The same goes for statements.

I understand LinkedIn is a professional site. But that doesn't help the case I've made against it as being boring. My LinkedIn gets Social Spaz's Tweets updated atomically, but that's it for fun or flair. When I update a status there (which I hardly EVER do) it's a thought-out inspiring or self-satisfying claim of intelligence. 

If you have read my previous posts you should know that I have an addiction/obsession/deep love for Facebook. I may not be honed in on Likes as a separate love, but I do update Facebook the most and the most regularly.

Twitter is something in the past year I've gotten pretty sweet on. Its Fail Whale charmed me as well as the amount of people (famous or not) that you can follow no problem and read their Tweets. If any famous person was to do a shout out to a non-famous person it would be on Twitter. Also, people just seem to be a lot funnier on Twitter. These facts make me tweet almost everyday, however, unlike the chart above, at the end of the day Facebook is my number one choice for updating my status.

2 comments:

  1. Very astute. I also believe this to be true. I'm not really a huge updater--I don't believe--but I'll admit that Facebook is the location where it all goes down.

    I have a rather obscure Google+ account, but I don't belong to any other social media sites.

    ReplyDelete