Tuesday, December 20, 2011

AllConsuming Revisited

Have you ever been consumed by a great book, a catchy song or album, an entrancing movie, or had some food and drinks that were phenomenal? Ever find something awesome and you want to share it but your friends aren’t into the same stuff you are? AllConsuming.com is definitely a site you should join and bookmark.

How the creators describe the site: All Consuming means many things to many people. Some folks take it literally, as in “consumerism”. Others take it to mean being “consumed” by a great book, album, movie or delectable food. Think double entendre with a sprinkle of irony.
AllConsuming lets you create an account and add things that have you are consuming, things you have consumed, and things you intend to consume in the future. Basically, it gives you a fun atmosphere to share the things you love and also find things you may come to love.
For those of you who don’t know, I am obsessed with reading. I can get a great book and demolish it in one sitting. However, the problem I sometimes face is finding that amazing book. That’s probably the number one reason I love this site—the book section rocks. I’ve already gone to the Books page and perused the continuously generated page of user suggestions and found two books I’m about to purchase because of it. You better believe as soon as I’m done I’m going to review them on AllConsuming too.
A really cool feature called the “Should List” allows any user to send you a suggestion for an item for you to consume. Whether it’s a close friend or a complete stranger, a person can send you a suggestion.

Another neat feature I didn’t realize was there until after I joined is that AllConsuming is made to interact well with your 43 Things, 43 Places, 43 People or Lists of Bests account if you already have them. “One site fits all.”

AllConsuming has a plethora of diverse members that are out there sharing their tastes with their peers. As soon as you join, go and search through the Books, Music, Movie, Food & Drink, and Other categories to learn about new and exciting things you may have otherwise never heard of.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever checked out GoodReads? I sometimes use the site to keep a record of some of the books I read and it also helps me find new reads (though the Huntsville-Madison County Library and its website helps me a great deal there as well as Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and various other websites).

    ReplyDelete