Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11 - August 11 Resolutions

By: The Owner and Operator of Social Spaz



Here on the blog, I try to keep Social Spaz separate from my personal life. However, by doing that, I tend to just stop blogging when life and business get too busy. That's something I just don't like to do. So, after reading a wonderful blogger's posts (Kelli Taylor of Blimey Cow) I decided to do monthly resolutions and report cards. (Check out She Learns as She Goes for Kelli's blog.)

This way, if there isn't a post up about something social media or networking, then there will be a post about the staff. Either way, there will be no more dry spells! So here's my resolutions for July 11 through August 11 (I procrastinated so I'm starting a little later in the month!)

Finish First Draft
For those of you who don't personally know me, my biggest dream is to become a best-selling author.  I read and write habitually. About four months ago I started writing a story idea that surprised me by blossoming into something I wanted to turn into a novel. Now, I want to have the first draft finished so I can start the revision. Writing this is also another reason for my lack of recent posts.

Maintain My Budget
Dab naggit, I can't seem to stay within the parameters of my monthly budget! What do I splurge on each and every month? Books, books, books. I have my credit card linked with my Nook's Barnes & Noble accounts so when I'm done reading book, I can easily buy the next one with just a click of a button. I'm not saying I'm inching close to being homeless or sleeping in the dark, but I would like to exercise a little more self control when it comes to my money.

Exercise, Exercise, Exercise
I have big hips and I cannot lie, but love handles I will dare to defy. I used to be an avid runner but since working from a home office, I've fallen out of my exercising routine. I even bought Zumba for the Wii to help get me off of my very comfy office chair and shake some calories away!

Become More Personal
You might think that I'm way on top of my personal social media since I do all of those kinds of things as a job. However, after spending almost every waking hour doing something with social networking, I have become less enthused about the sites that I personally wanted to join. So this month I hope to: blog, Instagram, tweet, update and actively participate in other sites.

Take More Pictures
My Canon (named Mickey) always looks so lonesome when I walk into the office. I remember when I got him as a present and how excited I was to finally have a great camera. So why is he sitting in the camera bag silently crying giant camera tears? I DON'T KNOW! But it's time I liberate him from his zippered prison.

Those are my main resolutions for July 11 through August 11! After that I will have a report card of how I did! Until then check back daily for new posts!

Thanks!


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 


Tyler Snell is owner and operator of Social Spaz. Get to know her on a personal level by following her tweets @professorsnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment